2016

2015

2014

Students honored at first quarter sessions of 2015-16 school year

On Nov. 20 the first quarter sessions of the school year took place. Quarter sessions is the time when the students who excelled in academics are recognized for their achievements. However, this quarter sessions was different. It was the first assembly where the new rule came into effect. The old rule that stated all first honor cards are awarded to students who achieved 90-99 average range in all classes for that quarter was changed. Students now must score in the 93-99 range to earn first honors. This cut the first honor cards down significantly, but also further separated the people who really deserve the recognition, as a 4.0 for the quarter is quite the accomplishment.
freshmen2015Freshmen were awarded a total of 11 first honor cards and 58 second honor cards for a total of 69 and a class percentage of 51.49 percent. This is a very good percentage of students who are excelling, but it was not enough to rank as the best class percentage. Also, Jared Heidt, Jack Hilbrich, Owen Jacobson, Alexander Kolodychak, Dominic MacArthur, Ryan Sweny, and Matthew Whaley were awarded for having the highest QPA in the freshman class.
ParksThe sophomores were awarded a total of 10 first honor cards and 72 second honor cards for a total of 82 and a class percentage of 58.99 percent. The sophomore class achieved the highest percentage of students with honor cards this past quarter. Also, their top student with the highest QPA was Christopher Parks.
HaverlyThe juniors were awarded a total of 8 first honor cards and 51 second honor cards for a total of 59 and a class percentage of 48.36 percent. Andrew Haverly was awarded for having the highest QPA in the junior class.
RedingerLast, but certainly not least, the senior class. They were awarded a total of 4 first honor cards and 70 second honor cards for a total of 74 honor cards and a class percentage of 46.84 percent. The seniors achieved the worst percentage of student honor cards. This might be a sign of early senioritis. However, Joseph Redinger did not give up just yet. He achieved the highest QPA in the Senior class.
speakerThe guest speaker that came to enlighten the students of Cathedral Prep about how the real world works and how great a Prep diploma really is, was Dr. Christopher Clark. Dr. Clark was a graduate of the Class of 1987 and his diploma has greatly affected the way his life shaped out. He was able to go to Boston College and get his master’s in biology. He is now a doctor at St. Vincent’s and is very successful there.
Congratulations to everyone for their success and accomplishments and keep up the hard work.