2016

2015

2014

Selection Sunday less than one week away

“March Madness is the greatest three week period in all of sports due to the unpredictable outcome and the craziness that comes with it. There is nothing better than when a ‘nobody’ defeats one of the nation’s powerhouses,” said Prep senior Daniel Brugger. “On a side note, I confidently believe I will have a perfect bracket this year.”
This is the time of year basketball fans wait for. The wins, the losses, and the upsets of March Madness are here again for another year. This is the most stressful time for many people that take the business of predicting seriously. The 2016 NCAA Tournament bracket will be revealed this Sunday, commonly known as Selection Sunday. What you do with your bracket comes next. You can play against your friends or you can compete against the whole world for larger prizes. Filling out the perfect bracket is a dream every year. Will you be the lucky one this year? Even if your basketball IQ is low, filling out a bracket is easy, so consider filling out a bracket just for the sake of doing something new.
Although gambling is illegal in most states, many people place bets on games in the tournament, and the upsets are a killer. That is why the smartest bet is not to bet on a single March Madness. The tournament can easily break down an individual because of one game.
Historically, UCLA has won the most tournaments with 11 championships since 1964. Kentucky has won 8 championships since 1948. Duke, North Carolina, and Indiana have each won 5 since Indiana’s first in 1940. Connecticut is the only team with 4 championships, all coming since 1999. Louisville and Kansas have added in 3 each since Kansas first won in 1952. Florida, Michigan State, North Carolina State, Cincinnati, San Francisco, and Oklahoma State have all won 2 championships since Oklahoma State was crowned champion in 1945. The wide variety of past winners is why it always interesting to watch March Madness.