2016

2015

2014

Final Presidential debate focuses on issues to a point

Last Wednesday, Oct. 19, the two presidential candidates faced off in a debate one last time during this election season. This third and final debate was moderated by Fox News’ Chris Wallace. The debate started off with Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton walking straight to their podium and not shaking hands or greeting each other. In my opinion this was the best debate for the two, they started off actually talking about policies for the first half of the debate, and then it ended with the typical arguing between Clinton and Trump.
The debate started off talking about the Supreme Court situation. As a refresher the Supreme Court recently lost one of its justices, Antonin Scalia. Currently there is one seat open in the Supreme Court. Each candidate was asked what kind of Justice they would want to fill that seat. Trump said that he wants a justice that will preserve the Constitution, most importantly the 2nd Amendment. Clinton responded that she wants a Justice that will preserve a woman’s right to choose and marriage equality. On the issue of abortion, Clinton wants to allow women the right to an abortion. Trump said that he is pro-life and he wants to turn abortion rights to the states and allow them to govern whether they are legal or not.
Finally, the issue of border security was discussed. Donald Trump wants to build a wall along the southern border. Clinton, on the other hand, would like to keep an open border.
The final debate started off as the best debate of this elections season. It started off discussing actual policies, not something voters were used to seeing between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. But it ended in the typical bickering between the candidates. Election Day is November 8th.
Regardless of whether you are voting for one of the major party candidates or someone else, make sure to get out and vote and let your voice be heard!