2016

2015

2014

Mike Vick retires from NFL

Mike Vick was the number one overall pick in the first round of the 2001 NFL Draft out of Virginia Tech. He brought a unique style to the game with insane speed and pinpoint throwing accuracy. His pro day combine speed in 2001 was 4.33 seconds in the 40-yard dash, which is a Madden speed rating of 97, in more understandable terms.
Picking the Falcons in any of the early 2000s Madden games meant an elite scrambling offense driven by the abilities of Vick. He threw for 22,464 yards and rushed for 6,109 yards in his career. He was selected to the Pro Bowl four times. Vick is also the only QB in NFL history to reach 1,000 rushing yards in a single season. Mike Vick made some spectacular plays that will go down in history.
Vick noticed his career coming to end after small talks with the Vikings to play QB fell through last season. At this point he was a 36-year-old 2nd string QB quickly approaching the end. Teddy Bridgewater, the starter, was injured and no call came. Instead the Vikings signed Sam Bradford. Vick saw this as a good point to retire from football after 15 years.
In my mind, Mike Vick revolutionized the mobile QB role in the modern NFL era. Thank you, Mike Vick for entertaining me on TV for many awesome years. You will be missed.