2016

2015

2014

Teacher Profile: Mr. Nick Haller

One of the many new faces walking the halls of Prep this year is English and psychology teacher, Mr. Nick Haller. Mr. Haller was hired this past summer, and although he is new as a teacher here at Prep, he has walked the halls before as a student as a member of the class of 2005. 
Mr. Haller played four year’s of basketball at Prep, which included a playoff run to the western finals his senior year. When he was off the court, he served as the editor-in-chief of the Cathedral Prep newspaper, The Rambler. In those days, the newspaper was printed and distributed to students in school. His favorite class was always English with recently retired Cathedral Prep teacher Mr. Kent Peightal. Some of Mr. Haller’s best memories from his time at Prep included the wild pep rallies before a big football or basketball game. 
After he graduated in 2005, Haller went on to continue his education at Penn State Behrend, studying English literature. Along with lots of hard work in the classroom, Haller played basketball for Behrend for two years and also began coaching for the Cathedral Prep junior varsity basketball team. 
When asked why he got into teaching, Mr. Haller’s response was quite specific, recalling a time where his tenth and eleventh grade English teacher at Prep, Mrs. Linda McKean, suggested one day in class that he should be a teacher. This interaction stuck with Mr. Haller throughout the remainder of his high school and college career and has led him to his current position here at Prep. 
Mr. Haller’s classes this year include yearbook, general psychology, and ninth and tenth grade English. When asked how it feels to be back at Prep Haller said, “Great. I love being back. The brotherhood is as strong as ever in the school.” He also mentioned that not much has changed from when he was at Prep to now, other than the improvements in technology that are now available to students, like the iPad. 
When he’s not teaching, Haller is a big basketball fan. His favorite team is the Cleveland Cavaliers, and his favorite NBA player is Kyrie Irving. Haller also enjoys spending time with his 19-month-old son, Noah, and playing fantasy sports. 
As Mr. Haller gets settled back into life inside the walls of Prep, be sure to give him a warm welcome back and wish him good luck with all his classes this year.