2016

2015

2014

Staff Profile: Keegan Welka

Staff Profile: Keegan Welka

The Cathedral Prep Journalism staff is filled with many interesting, fun, and innovative individuals. One of these people is Keegan Welka, a hardworking senior who devotes his time as a Rambler. In school he enjoys being the managing editor of journalism. He also really likes helping his fellow students and coming up with new ideas.
Outside of school Keegan enjoys snowboarding. “Everything about it is fun,” he said. “The freedom of riding down a hill, witnessing nature’s beauty while riding, and learning different tricks are all very fun parts of being a snowboarder.”
Keegan lives with both parents and has a younger sister. Keegan is a hardworking student devoting his time in his education and receiving multiple honors cards each year. Keegan enjoys hanging out with his friends and playing games on the Xbox. Keegan’s favorite games are Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption.
Keegan loves to listen to hip hop music. One of his favorite artists is Travis Scott. Keegan recently attended a Travis Scott concert. “It was a night to truly remember,” he said. “When ‘Sicko Mode’ came on the crowd was lit.”
In fashion one of Keegan’s favorite places to shop is Urban Outfitters. He loves to shop for their cool graphic T-shirts. Keegan is also a founding member and host of The Rambler Digest, an original podcast. He and fellow Rambler staffers Ryan Rzepecki and Robbie Wierbinski go to fast food restaurants and review the customer service and food. They have published two episodes so far. The podcast can be heard on Podbean or iTunes, and so far it is booming!