2016

2015

2014

Staff Profile: DeMere Strickland

DeMere Strickland, a junior student at Cathedral Prep, is a dedicated writer for The Rambler. He has covered a variety of topics in his writings, ranging from important school gatherings like the beginning of the year’s All School Mass to entertaining pieces like a review of Kingdom Hearts 3. DeMere was also looking forward to becoming a member of the Journalism team, and he is happy that he is now a staff writer.
“I first learned about Journalism when Ms. Lion recommended it to me,” DeMere continued, “I also think this class has a lot of my personal interests in it, and I’m looking forward to continuing writing for The Rambler when I become a senior.”
Besides writing for the website, DeMere enjoys playing video games. His favorite game variants are RPGs (role playing games), because of the freedom they provide a player.
“I really enjoy playing video games,” DeMere said. “RPG’s are my favorite type of game because of the stories they give the player, and also I have the ability to control my own destiny in them.”
DeMere has been playing video games for a very long time. He even remembers when he first started playing and what console was his first to play on.
“My first gaming console was the Game Cube, and I remember playing it as far back as when I was five years old,” he said.”
While recollecting about his first games, he also fondly remembers his all-time favorite video games.
“My favorite games are Persona 5 and Final Fantasy 14,” DeMere stated. To conclude, DeMere Strickland is a versatile student and writer. Not only does he openly share his passion for video games but he also incorporates it into his writings. 
“Stay tuned for my next article,” DeMere said, “It’ll be on the results of the Game Awards at the Microsoft Theater.”