2016

2015

2014

6ix9ine facing jail time

2018 was a good year for Daniel Hernandez. Going by the rap title “6ix9ine” he quickly rose to popularity with his songs. Most notably, his song “GUMMO”(2017) quickly put him on everyone’s radar, whether it was because of the memes that arose about how ridiculous he looked, or the people that genuinely enjoyed his music and wanted to hear more.
Either way, things were looking up for him as 2018 pushed on. He began to stop being a SoundCloud-only rapper, and branched to collaborate with other artists, including Lil Yachty, Nicki Minaj, Trippie Redd, Lil Uzi Vert, and many others. Along with this he began to change his attitude about his fame and wealth, giving some of his money away to charities.
Embed from Getty Images
Around this time, many people were very skeptical about his past, as he claimed to be a gang member, and lived that type of lifestyle for a long time. However, he just seemed too ridiculous to be a part of any of that. That’s when (while in an interview.) he revealed that all of his music, his appearances, and general persona were nothing but a facade. He even noted that his song “FEFE” with Nicki Minaj is nothing more than a weird song, mocking his own lyrics. While it seemed like the only way was up for 6ix9ine, his downfall began.
After mocking Chief Keef online, he was hospitalized after supposedly being attacked by one of Chief Keef’s gang members. After that, the police and the FBI began looking into 6ix9ine’s criminal history and found many things that can give him major prison time. He’s been involved with an armed robbery, racketeering, drugs, and many other crimes. As more information comes out that places more against him, his future is looking very uncertain.