2016

2015

2014

Kelly shines as CP baseball defeats Fort LeBoeuf

On Wednesday, the CP baseball team traveled down the street to Gannon University’s McConnell Family Stadium baseball field to play the Fort LeBoeuf Bison. As the end of the season starts to wrap-up, the heavy hitter Ramblers went into the game coming off of a 6-0 shutout against Canisius and holding a 10-6 win-loss record on the season.

With pitcher Colin Kelly, known as “Kicker Kelly” for his role on the Prep football team, on the mound for the Ramblers, the game was set to be a tough feud for the Bison. Proving himself in a completely different field in athletics, Kelly truly made the night his, as he struck-out a total of nine batters by the end of the game. Pitching all seven innings, Kicker-Pitcher Kelly had no plans on letting up, as he truly stole the show with his cannon of an arm.

“I really don’t know where that came from,” Kelly said, looking back on his spectacular performance. I wanted to play to the best of my ability for myself and my team. At the start of the game, I realized I was doing good, but I didn’t think I’d help shut them out for the night. We’re going to use this game to our advantage while we go into the post-season.”

As the game played out, both teams seemed to struggle getting hitters back to home plate, with just one run in the first five innings of the night. As the sixth inning began, the Ramblers knew they had to close out the night. Adding three runs to the scoreboard and finishing the game, the Ramblers rolled on to a 4-0 shutout victory. As two of the most valuable players to the team, former basketball star Caden Elwell and fellow Rambler journalist Regan Schleicher did not come to just play the game but to go home victorious. By the end of the night, Elwell had three hits to his name, while Schleicher added two to for the night.

After their big showing against Fort LeBoeuf, the Ramblers look to add another win to their 11-6 record in the final three games of the regular season. With momentum and high spirit on their side, the CP baseball team may begin to turn some heads as the playoffs begin in the coming weeks.