2016

2015

2014

Automotive Club Preview

The Automotive Club is a new club offered up to students at Prep. The club is facilitated by Mr. Vicary, the visual arts teacher. In this club, the objective is simple: to share and learn the knowledge of cars from one student to another.

“The objective of the club gives people who are interested in cars an opportunity to interact with each other and share their passion,” said Mr. Vicary. “It doesn’t necessarily have to be for people who own cars but just people who like them.”

One of the outstanding parts of this club will be that most of it’s meetings will be held outside of school, independent of the classroom.

“We plan on going to an exotic auto repair shop and a few car shows outside of the school,” said Mr. Vicary. “We are also thinking of organizing a car show for the school, so that could be pretty cool.”

The club is still brand new, but a lot of underclassmen are already involved in the club because it was their idea to set it up.

“While the club consists of mainly freshmen, there are a few upperclassmen involved as well,” said Mr. Vicary. “Once a couple of them hear about it, I think they’ll start coming to meetings.

Automotive Club has a lot of support early for such a new club, but there is still a lot to work on.

“We will try to meet every other week, but we haven’t found a good time that works with everyone,” Mr. Vicary said. “So far we’ve only had one meeting, so there’s still a lot to be worked out.”

Mr. Vicary said that club members may eventually get the opportunity to go to the Detroit Auto Show in June 2020.

“We have discussed this possibility already, and we are seriously considering it.” he said. “It’s a work in progress, but if we get enough support from the club, it’s quite real.”