2016

2015

2014

Top 10 Led Zeppelin Songs

Listening to music is one of the things many people in the community have been doing during the past few weeks while staying at home. Whether it’s rap, pop, country, rock, or another preferred genre, listening to music is a good way to help people calm down or to energize themselves.

Led Zeppelin has sold more than 300 million albums and is considered one of the best—if not the best—bands in music history. What follows are the 10 best songs they have produced that will be remembered for ages:

1. Stairway to Heaven
    Considered by many as the best song in rock history, this song has the perfect mix of everything. It begins with a calm acoustic intro followed by light electric guitar riffs and ends with a remarkable solo from lead guitarist Jimmy Page. Rolling Stone ranks “Stairway to Heaven” at number 31 on their all-time song list from any genre.
  2. Kashmir”
    Coming from their album Physical Graffiti released in 1975, Kashmir is still used in commercials for its famous riff. Imagine the London Symphony collaborating with the best rock band to form a masterpiece as it is known today. Lead singer Robert Plant shows off his ability to hold 15-second notes, and Page plays his constant riff during this 8:30 song.
  3. Whole Lotta Love”
    Released in 1969, this song was incredibly unique in the way the piece was produced. The song starts off with a perfect Page and Plant duo and turns into a wacky rollercoaster event of sounds. The 5:30 that this song has are truly worth listening to. 
  4. “Dazed and Confused”
    The fact that this song was recorded in the late months of 1968 is mind-blowing. The fourth song on Led Zeppelin I starts off with a chilling bass by John Paul Jones. Again, listeners hear the cool special effects, and they are followed by classic riffs. 
  5. When the Levee Breaks”
    Robert Plant on the harmonica is just amazing to listen to, along with John Bonham’s (1945-1980) work on the drums. This is one of the best lengthy songs in rock for sure.
  6. Ramble On”
    A quick song is a bit unusual from Zeppelin, but this song is definitely worth mentioning. “Ramble On” starts off with some bongos and nice acoustic strings and has flashes of big and quick electric swings that put this song at number six.
  7. “Heartbreaker”
    Some Led Zeppelin fans would say this is the best performance by any guitarist ever. The reason it’s not higher is because it’s not as creative and flashy as the songs listed before, but it definitely shows what Page can do with the guitar.
  8. “Going to California”
    For fans that focus on the lyrics, this song is a great piece for that aspect of a song (along with “Stairway to Heaven”). This is a very calm acoustic song telling a good story.
  9. “Over the Hills and Far Away”
    One could argue that this should be moved up, but they are all amazing songs. A great mix is presented of the right lyrics to match electric and acoustic riffs.
  10. “Fool in the Rain”
    Although this is not one of their most famous songs, it is very underrated. This final song was released in 1979 on their last album In Through the Out Door. This last song was another creation of various instruments with a catchy constant riff by Bonham on the drums.