2016

2015

2014

Faculty and staff adapt to teaching and working from home

While many teachers have been adjusting to online schooling, changing their curriculum, and editing their schedules, they also have a lot of new free-time as well. It can’t be said whether or not teachers are happy about this change, but after talking to many teachers and getting their opinion on the matter, it can be assumed they definitely enjoy the freedom and ability to spend more time with family. Mr. Colwell had this to say when referring to his teaching adjustments.

“For school, I am doing pretty much the same things I would be doing in the classroom except I am recording videos, posting them to MySchoolApp and then the students are taking a quiz based on the video and completing WS’s, webquests, projects, and tests as they normally would, albeit slightly different than if we were in session.” 

The picture used in the thumbnail image is what Mr. Colwell has been up to while in quarantine, and he seems to be enjoying the extra sleep and time with his family as well. Some of the administrators and staff are also enjoying the extra time spent with family, even if they have to work from home, like Mrs. Sanner, one of Prep’s guidance counselors:

“I am home with my husband and three children who are 6 and 3 (twins),” she said. “Most of our time is spent together like most other families. Because my children are young, a lot of the day is spent keeping them entertained. My 6-year-old is doing school remotely, so I help him with that in the morning while the twins play together or watch a movie. Then, if the weather permits, we spend as much time outside as we can.”

There are many more teachers to go over for their exploits during this time, but one thing remains the same. Within this time of crisis, we are finding a way to remain happy, and enjoy the comfort that we are able to afford to have. This is a time when family really matters, and when connections with others will be tested, but we can assuredly make it through this situation as long as we stay safe the way that is recommended.