2016

2015

2014

Student Profile: Devan Bailey

When walking around Prep, if you stop to talk to one of the teachers, or students or administrators, and you ask about Devan Bailey, their first words will probably be along the lines of: “He’s smart.” And in all truth, Devan is as smart as he is marketed. Plenty of friends and teachers alike love him for his knowledge of factual information. 

Devan is most likely one of the smartest people ever to walk the halls of Cathedral Prep. He is is a National Merit Scholarship Finalist, and almost every school in the country lined up to give Devan a full scholarship to go to their university because of how valuable he is. Devan ended up deciding on University of Texas at Dallas, one of the top public research universities in the nation. Devan plans to study mathematics while there, but he is also open to research various fields as he prepares to become an actuary in the future.

“I decided on UTD because of the personality of the school,” said Devan. “Some might say it attracts a different group of people than most schools, but when I visited this place and met people there, I thought this place really was for me.

On top of committing to a world-renowned university, Devan is also in the Gannon Scholars program, and is one of only two students that take multiple mathematics classes at Gannon. He also boasts of passing the financial mathematics exam, one of the first steps to becoming an actuary.

To go along with all of that, Devan is also a major contributor to the Prep cross country and Track teams, and he will also compete for UTD, which is an NCAA Division III school. 

In his spare free time, Devan enjoys playing chess, Civilization, and other internet games. Devan enjoys listening to 70s and 80s hits with songs from Billy Joel, Elton John, and ABBA among his favorites. Devan also volunteers to help with Box Village every year, and he has done a lot of service to Prep. 

“To me, Prep has meant a place where I could realize and pursue my dreams with a supportive and outstanding brotherhood,” Devan said. “It was an outstanding four years with memories that will last a lifetime, and it put me in a position to achieve the same success I’ve had here for the rest of my life.” All the staff at The Rambler and all students and facility at Prep wish Devan good luck with all of his next steps in life.