2016

2015

2014

Things to do during quarantine

As many of us try to come up with things to do during quarantine, there are actually many things to do during this time. Erie County entered into the yellow phase two weeks ago, but that does not change many things for high school students other than a few more work opportunities. Most stores remain curbside pickup only, but while the search for things to do continues, let’s be reminded of the many things there are to do while we wait for the storm to pass. 

When stuck inside your home because of rain or even snow, there are many things to do. If you have a Netflix account, or borrow someone else’s, scrolling through and finding movies and television series to watch is a great way to pass the time. Spending time with family is another great way to use this extra time given to everyone. When times get busy with the normal lives everyone was living just a few months ago, time for family sometimes was cut short. This extra time at home is a great opportunity to spend time with family, doing things such as playing board games, watching movies, and maybe even cleaning the house or helping out dad with some home improvement projects. Of course, as always, do not forget the school work as well to close out the year strong. 

Prep senior Andrew Czarnecki spoke about what he has done during the pandemic with all the limited things to do.

“I have gotten the chance to go down to Presque Isle more often, and have spent a lot of time with my family,” Andrew said.

When the days are nice, no one wants to be stuck inside. As summer approaches, the hope is that the green phase of the COVID-19 relief is right around the corner, but no one can predict that. Junior Mason Cizmic has found many different things to do during this time. 

“Things such as working extra, getting some exercise, playing games with the family, and spending time with friends have helped to pass the time,” Mason said. “While it has gotten very boring at times, I have managed to keep myself busy during the day.” 

Golf course have also opened up for those that are interested in playing a round of 9 or 18 holes. Doing yard work is another way for the men of Prep to keep busy during this time as well as everyone searches for some ways to spend some time outdoors when the weather gets nice. Getting out to see the beautiful sunset that Erie provides is something everyone can enjoy in the evening as well. The hope is that normal can be reached soon, but everyone has to be patient and make the best of what is given to us.