2016

2015

2014

The end of Mercury in retrograde

Three times a year, Mercury, the planet of communication and mind, appears to be in an apparent retrograde motion. Mercury’s first period of retrograde began Jan. 13 and ended Feb. 3.

Retrograde motion references our perspective of an illusion where a planet seems to be moving backwards. While this does not occur in reality, the phenomenon of apparent retrograde has brought up multiple emotions associated with frustration. While this is relatable to all signs, there were certain things that individual signs could have expected during this difficult time.

If you were born between March 21 and April 19, you are an Aries. During this period of time you may have been experiencing miscommunications and disagreements, especially amongst those that you considered close. Maybe someone from your past even reached out to rebuild bridges.

As a Taurus born between April 20 and May 20, your career may have been impacted by the effects of Mercury in retrograde. Whether this relates to academic challenges, projects, or public standings, it had been advised to take a step back before diving into something you may now regret.

Geminis, the curious air signs born between May 21 and June 20 may have seemed to be especially targeted during this time. This is because it was in fact the case! Mercury is Gemini’s planetary ruler and may have brought up feelings of confusion regarding the future.

If you were born between June 21 and July 22, you are a water sign called a Cancer. Most of your conflicts during this time were likely to be revolved around romances and intimacy. It was advised to reevaluate some relationships.

Leo’s, birthed between July 23 and August 22, may have experienced some drama regarding relationships and partners. It was advised to be cautious, and really evaluate whether or not you and your partner are on the same page. “Everything has been so busy, it needs to settle down”, a teacher at the Villa campus stated as a Leo himself. 

Virgos were born between August 23 and September 22. It was highly recommended to slow down. Interpret that as you will.

If you were born between September 23 and October 22, you are a Libra. You may have been experiencing relationship drama and confusion that may have even overflown into other aspects of your life.

“I just feel like I’m messing everything up when I’m not,” noted an anonymous student from the Villa campus.

You should be reassured that this conflicts are not to be blamed on you, but rather the miscommunication between you and your partners.

Scorpios, born between October 23 and November 21, should have been cautiously communicating emotions and ideas. While you are not trapped, it was possible you felt this way.

If you were born between November 2and and December 21 than you are a Sagittarius. Be careful what you say, type, send or post!

Hard working Capricorn’s make the world go around. However, if you were born between December 22 and January 19th, you may have experienced some unwanted delays. Confusion and stagnation should have been anticipated.

If you were born from January 20 to February 18 than you are an Aquarius. Of course this time was especially unpleasant, considering it is Aquarius season. While you may feel anxious, remember that everything happens for a reason.

Pisces born between February 19 and March 20 may have felt as if they were reaching a breaking point. The only advice to be offered was to listen to and follow your intuition. 

Knowing that all people have been experiencing these emotions that may have made coping difficult, it is easier to know that there are signs and people that you were destined to relate to during these trying times. Especially considering that yesterday was the final day of experiencing the hardships of retrograde.

Unfortunately, a second period of Mercury in retrograde will occur from May 10 to June 2 as well as December 28 to January 18.