2016

2015

2014

What is your favorite sweet treat for Valentine’s Day?

With Valentine’s Day coming up on Monday, The Rambler wrote about their favorite treats they associate with the holiday. So, if any of our readers plan to buy for anyone on staff, now you know what to get them!

Colin Bish

My favorite Valentine’s candy is any type of milk chocolate. That could be Hershey’s, KitKat, Crunch bars, and some non-name brand chocolates too. There are also good options like SweeTarts and Sour Patch kids, so you can’t really go wrong with any candies at all really.

Olivia Buckel

My favorite sweet treat for Valentine’s Day is caramel filled chocolate from the chocolate assortment boxes. Caramel has always been my favorite chocolate filling since I was a kid, and I love getting the big heart-shaped boxes of assorted chocolates on Valentine’s Day. I really enjoy rooting through them and finding the caramel flavors. I try and find the caramel flavored chocolates as best as I can, but even if I choose incorrectly, I still get yummy chocolate out of it.  

Cole Corapi

Valentine’s Day is a great day to celebrate love with family and partners. It’s also a time when some of my favorite candy and sweets come back. My all-time favorite sweet for Valentine’s Day is by far chocolate covered strawberries. I’ve always gotten those from my family, and when I was younger my grandparents and parents would always get me and my brother a box of them. Not only are they delicious, but they also hold sentimental value to me, which is why they are my favorite Valentine candy.  

Rue Daniels

I hate Valentine’s Day; it’s not even a real holiday. I do like chocolate though, so that makes the day more bearable. I also love pink, so it really isn’t all that bad I suppose. However, I do fear that you will never catch me celebrating it or buying anything Valentine’s Day related. 

Maddie Hess

My favorite Valentine’s Day candy is ultimately chocolate covered strawberries, but I honestly like any fruits that are chocolate covered. Chocolate is my favorite sweet, so adding fruit to it just makes it even better. I’ve also grown up with a great dad who always gets my sister, my mom, and I chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine’s Day every year. I recently came across chocolate covered raspberries at Pulako’s and they are FANTASTIC.

Bryce Kalie

During Valentine’s Day each year we all receive a bunch of sugary candy. When we were in elementary school people would all bring candy in, and we would get to share it amongst the class. During that time there was one candy that was very enjoyable, above all others. That candy? Fun Dip. Fun Dip is a sugary stick that you dip in a powdery sugar. Not many people brought Fun Dip in, so when someone did everyone would go crazy. It was a school favorite at the time, and it remains to be my favorite Valentine’s Day candy.

Sam Louie

I think the only choice of the best Valentine’s Day treat is chocolate-covered strawberries. Those are always one of the best treats at any time of the year. However, everyone knows chocolate is a Valentine’s Day thing, and strawberries could somewhat represent a heart. They’re a go-to for people exchanging gifts on the holiday. That’s not to mention the sweet taste you get when you eat one. First, you get to taste the chocolate and then it goes into the fruit. The combination is nearly perfect.

Jack Rouch

My favorite treat for Valentine’s Day are chocolate covered strawberries. Every Valentine’s Day my mom buys a big box of chocolate covered strawberries, and it always taste really good. My family and I always look forward to Valentine’s Day because we know we are going to eat some delicious chocolate covered strawberries.

What is your favorite Valentine’s Day sweet treat? Share your response in the comments.