2016

2015

2014

2022 Final Four Preview

2022 Final Four Preview

The 2022 Final Four will take place on Saturday, April 2. This March Madness has been filled with exciting moments. Some teams have had a ride of pure bliss. Others were devastated with early losses. With all of the emotions that March Madness brings there are only four teams left who have endured it all. 

The first Final Four matchup is between the Kansas Jayhawks and the Villanova Wildcats. This game is a rematch from the 2018 Final Four when Villanova came out victorious. Both teams’ path to get to the Final Four have not been easy, but they both have persevered and made it.

The Kansas Jayhawks are a one seed, but many people haven’t viewed them in that way. The hype was all in on Gonzaga and Arizona as the two favorites to win the tournament, which led Kansas to almost fly under the radar as a one seed. With players on Kansas like Ochai Abagji and Remy Martin, Kansas is capable of cutting down the nets this year.

The Villanova Wildcats came into this tournament as a two seed, and they were also under the radar when it came to making the Final Four. With the leadership of Collin Gillespie and the key roles of Brandon Slater and Jermaine Samuels, the Wildcats will be a tough out in the tournament.

“I think the Jayhawks got it in the bag,” senior Francis Mizner said. “It will definitely be a close game, but I think the Jayhawks depth will help them pull it out in the end.” 

The second Final Four matchup of the day is between the two blue bloods, Duke and North Carolina. This is one of the most highly anticipated Final Four matchups in history. The two rivals have never matched up together in a final, and it will be the last Duke and North Carolina game that Coach K will ever be a part of. Duke is led by highly touted freshmen such as Paulo Banchero and AJ Griffin, while North Carolina is more experienced with players such as Armando Bacot and Caleb Love. This game is going to be very exciting and monumental for college basketball.

“I honestly just hope to see a good game,” senior Gabriel Rosenberg said. “Whenever Duke and North Carolina play, I just sit back and enjoy.”

These Final Four teams are all considered blue bloods in the college basketball world. Every team in the Final Four has a chance to win, and anything can happen. This Final Four will be remembered forever with all of the drama and excitement building around it.