Prep to host Lenten Mass and dinner on Saturday March 11

Ellen Dieteman, Staff writer

Cathedral Prep is hosting its inaugural Family Lenten Mass and Dinner, sponsored by Campus Ministry, on Saturday, March 11, at St. Peter’s Cathedral and the Student Life Center, respectively.

The event aims to foster a greater sense of spiritual community within the school family during the season of Lent when Christians focus on prayer, fasting, and almsgiving.

“The real focus of the event is to have families together going to Mass as a school community,” Mr. Pituch, event planner and Vice President of Academics and Student Affairs, said. “At the end of the day, it’s just to try to build some community around the Mass here at the school.”

Mass begins in the Cathedral at 4 p.m. with Father Jason Feigh, the school chaplain, serving as the celebrant. After the conclusion of Mass, a Lenten dinner consisting of a soup and sandwich will be available in the Student Life Center for families to enjoy.

Students and their families are encouraged to participate in this new school tradition that combines the familial elements of the previous Father-Daughter and Mother-Son Communion Breakfasts held during this time of year at the different campuses.

“We’re trying something new as a family approach,” Father Jason said. “It’s important to come together as a greater community and recognize the gifts we have been given in this Lenten season.”

The event costs $10 per person (children five and under are free). Registration forms with checks (made out to Cathedral Prep) or cash payments are due to the main office by Tuesday, March 7.