2016

2015

2014

Where Dreams Come True

Prep choir takes on Disney World

Over Easter Break, members of the Cathedral Prep Show Choir got the exciting opportunity to perform at the happiest place on earth. Leaving Erie on April 1 at around 1 in the morning, the choir got to spend the week in Walt Disney World. Along with a fun trip, they got the opportunity to display their talents to an audience. On Tuesday, April 2, they were bused to Disney Springs to perform pieces that they rehearsed for months on end. The choir was selected from a competitive audition process in the fall. This trip has become a choir tradition with the group typically going every two years. Nevertheless, this trip still means the world to the performers.

“The opportunity to perform at Disney World is something most people will never experience,” junior Chris Reitz said. “The fact that our choir has been selected 9 times to perform speaks to the reputation of our choir. The Walt Disney Company is the largest entertainment company in the world, and the opportunity to work with them is life-changing.”

Along with the rare opportunity to perform at Disney, this trip is beloved by the choir because they get the chance to relive childhood nostalgia.

“Performing at Disney was like a dream come true for my inner child,” senior Sammie Elwell said. “Along with the performance, going to the parks was unreal. It was like I was immersed into the movies I used to watch as a kid.”

While the choir had a job to do on performance day, they got the rest of the week to explore the parks. They went to Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, EPCOT, and Animal Kingdom. At these parks, the performers got the chance to ride rides, eat delicious food and make memories with their friends.

“Hanging with my show choir at Disney was super cool,” Sammie said, “as we all share similar interests, and it was super fun to be together outside of school.”

Chris shared a similar sentient, believing that this trip brings the choir closer together.

“The Disney trip is something we all look forward to as a whole,” Chris said. “It is an amazing experience to bond with friends or even make new ones. Overall, the trip creates a bonding experience for the attending performers.”