2016

2015

2014

Prep theater closes out season with Grease

From April 25-28, Prep hosted the musical Grease. The cast auditions had been held by Father Mike.

The musical itself tells a story of a young girl who meets a boy named Danny. They fall in love over the summer but by the end of the summer the young girl known as Sandy has to go back home. Sandy ends up staying in the same town, and coincidentally both Danny and her end up at the same school. They go through a bunch of errors in their relationship such as rude mutual friends and miscommunication. At the end of the movie, they both changed for each other and ended up happily together.

The musical is set in the 1950s with slicked back hair and poodle skirts.

Sophomore Bella Speros was cast in the lead role of Sandy.

“I’m very excited for everyone to see Grease,” Bella said. “Everybody has made it their own, and I know it’s going to be a fun time.”

Sandy has 7 costume changes and a few hair changes throughout the musical. Bella says that it indeed had been stressful but so many lovely people were there to help her through it.

The musical is similar to the movie, but there are a few aspects in the musical that are different from the movie, so keep an eye out for any funny new changes you may have never seen before.

The cast is definitely excited to show off their hard work.

“Even the very opening song will have everyone feeling awesome,” Bella said. “It’s definitely one of my favorites. I love having all my girls around me and everyone gets to be up and dancing on stage. I feel as if everyone is having fun, and it’s an iconic routine.”