2016

2015

2014

Rambler hockey team comes up just short in Meadville Invitational

Senior Richard Vicary with the puck

This past weekend, the varsity Rambler hockey team took part in the Meadville Invitational hockey tournament. The Ramblers are looking great this year with an outstanding 16-3 record on the year, including wins over powerhouse teams like Bethel park and culver academy.

Senior Richard Vicary with the puck
Senior Richard Vicary with the puck

The first game of the tournament was rivalry night: Prep vs. Meadville. The hometown Meadville Bulldogs came out with fire, but they were quickly extinguished by the Ramblers. Prep cruised to a 8-1 victory to get the ball rolling for the tournament. The Ramblers then had Friday off but had a doubleheader slated for Saturday.
Bright and early, the Ramblers took on Upper St. Claire at 7:15 a.m. Both teams came out hot, but the Ramblers found themselves down 3-2 going into intermission. A quick goal in the third tied the game up, and Ben Eliason scored the game winner with little time left to seal a playoff birth on Sunday.
The team had some time to kill in between games so they went to see the highly acclaimed movie American Sniper as a team. This was a great bonding experience for the team, and it helped them prepare for their next game. At 2:45, Prep rolled over the Dublin Coffman Rocks 8-0, led by 3 goals from Ben Eliason and 2 from Richard Vicary. They showed they were ready for their playoff game against Bethel Park, a team they already had beaten earlier in the year, at 10 a.m. Sunday.
The Ramblers were in high spirits as they came to the rink that Sunday, ready to take on Bethel Park. They came out hot, taking an early 2-0 lead middle of the second. Bethel scored 3 quick goals to take a lead going into intermission. Unfortunately it just wasn’t the Ramblers’ day as Bethel held on to win the game 3-2. Even after the loss the Ramblers are still primed to have a great season, holding on to first in the PIHL.