2016

2015

2014

Let Johnny Manziel Be Johnny Manziel

Let Johnny Manziel Be Johnny Manziel

I’m sure you all have heard the talk about Texas A&M quarterback and last year’s Heisman trophy winner Johnny Manziel. He became the first freshman ever to win the Heisman, but his stats and awards are not what people are talking about. You either know him by his ridiculous on-field gestures or his cocky and carefree attitude. You either love him or hate him, right?
Needless to say he is one of the most talented athletes in college football. On Saturday, Manziel’s Aggies lost 42-35 against Alabama in a game that was hyped as potentially the best game of the regular season. Many people want to see Manziel win, but even more people want to see him lose. Many people hate him because his name is always in the center of the media.
For example, last weekend, Manziel posted an Instagram photo of himself holding a fanned handful of money, tagged with the caption “casino ballin.” Every time Manziel does something ridiculous and “gets caught,” someone of the media freaks out and criticizes him.
Why can’t we just have a little perspective. Let this kid be 20 years old and just face the fact that he is just awesome. To some, Manziel’s on-field gestures, ridiculous social media posts, and cockiness are enough to make them root for teams like Alabama to defeat A&M, but to others, those same actions make them want to root for A&M.