2016

2015

2014

What we are thankful for this Thanksgiving

Each year at this time a few of the writers from The Rambler tell the people what they are thankful for this Thanksgiving season. It’s a time of year to be thankful for all you have and spend time with family. The Rambler staff would like to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving and thank all of its readers.
Joe Sala
Thanksgiving is a time of year to put aside all distractions and wants and be thankful for all that you have. First and foremost, I am thankful for my friends and family who are always by my side. I am thankful for my school and the opportunity to attend Prep with my brothers. The ability to play hockey is something I really take pride in, especially with the people I have grown up playing with for years. It is important to me to be able to write for The Rambler and provide entertainment and news for all the dedicated readers. I am also thankful for the troops who protect us and our country. I hope everyone enjoys their break and thanks God for all they have.
Brian Buseck
​Everyone says it, but I’m thankful for my family. To start, my parents have always been the best. When I was a kid they got me into all my activities and supported me in whatever I wished to pursue. I also have a my brother and sister, Lucas and Ashley. Lucas has always been someone for me to look up to, showing me how to succeed in both school and athletics. Ashley is always there for me and very fun to hang out with. Along with my immediate family, I have nine cousins whom I consider my best friends. Family is quite obviously what deserves most of my thanks.
Josh Kurczewski
I am thankful for too many things to write down, but there are a definite few I’d like to publicize for our avid Rambler readers to know. First off I am thankful for all of our readers and especially our loyal ones; we wouldn’t be here without you. I am also thankful for family and friends who help get through the days. Also, I am thankful for my Cathedral Prep education and brothers I will remember forever and hold onto through my life. Finally, I am thankful for my health, that I have never had any real problems with it.
David Rahner
I am extremely thankful for my family. I love each and every one of them immensely. I am very close to both sides of my family, the Rahner’s and the Anthony’s. I know that I am always loved and always have a bunch of people to rely on. However, this year I am mainly grateful for my grandfathers.
Both of my grandfathers are who I look up to. Both of them do not know how to give up. My grandpa, Richard Anthony, worked at a cement business since he was 10. Physically, he was exhausted every single day of his life. He never complained, not for one second. My grandpa, Richard Rahner, worked in a different way. While staying in peak physical shape, my grandpa was able to pay his way through medical school and become on of the best doctors in Erie. The thing that amazes me is that neither one of my grandfathers ever complained, even when their chips were down. They have influenced my life in ways that I cannot even put into words.
Both my grandfathers have gone great lengths to keep their family close. I give all the thanks in the world to these spectacular men that I have been blessed to know and spend countless hours with. Thank you Poopie and Papa Dickie, you are both my role models in life and have taught me so many amazing life lessons.
Danny Brugger
This Thanksgiving I am extremely thankful for my parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and all the sacrifices they make for me on a daily basis. (As much as I hate to admit I am occasionally thankful for my sister too.) I am also very blessed to have the friends that I do because without them I would not be the person I am today. I can’t even describe how thankful I am to attend to Cathedral Prep. I am seeing first hand the positive impact it has on all of us, through spiritual, intellectual, and even social advances. One of the things that deserves more thanks that I typically under appreciate is our alumni. It is because of them that we are able to thrive and succeed due to the many sacrifices and generous donations they have made.