2016

2015

2014

Alumni Profile: Ted Erdos (’89)

Cathedral Preparatory School has a well-known reputation for its production of high quality, motivated, and intelligent individuals. A powerhouse in both the academic and athletic realms, this Catholic high school is seen as one of the most prestigious secondary education establishments in the state, and the country. A living testament to the benefits of Prep is Mr. Ted Erdos, class of 1989.
Looking for a place that would best prepare him for college and beyond, Erdos started his career as a Rambler in the year of 1985, and as they say, the rest is history. During his years within the walls of CP, Erdos would establish himself as a force to be reckoned with in both the classroom and the pool. Lettering all four years in swimming and water polo, he accomplished great feats, obtaining multiple District 10 championships and receiving numerous awards for his standout athletic abilities. During his senior year, Erdos was honored with the Edward J. Mehl Memorial Award for being the top water polo player, and he was also the recipient of the Edward J. Wilwohl Memorial Award for the most outstanding athletic performance of the school out of all of the sports.
Both of those awards are clear demonstrations of the dedicated nature of Erdos as an athlete. However, his success did not stop there. He would continue on to play polo at the collegiate level, being a part of the team at both Edinboro University and Penn State University main campus. He received All Big 10 awards and was named an All-American twice during his college years. In fact, two of Erdos’ pool records still stand at the University of Edinboro, 24 years after his graduation. His character and effort would carry over to his academic and personal life, and to him, these are still very impactful influences to this day.
Along with being a prominent athlete, Erdos was a leader in the classroom during his high school and college careers. Upon graduation from Prep, he attended the 3-2 engineering program through Edinboro and PSU. He received a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from Penn State and a natural science and math degree from Edinboro. Right after college, he became an engineer for Saegertown Manufacturing Corporation. After maintaining that position for five years, he transferred to SECO Tools where he served as a technical specialist. In 2005, he completed his MBA and was promoted to the position of sales manager for the mid-Atlantic region of the United States.
The motto of Cathedral Preparatory School reads: “Developing men of vision in spirit, mind, and body” and Ted Erdos is an embodiment of the greatness that can come out of constant focus and dedication. Now living in Saegertown with his wife and three daughters, Erdos himself would attest to the fact that Cathedral Prep is not just a four-year decision, but a 40-year decision.