2016

2015

2014

Prep Open House a success

openhouse2016_2On Sunday, Oct. 23, the hallways of Cathedral Prep were overflowing with many potential future Prep families. It was yet again another successful open house. There was always something going on, whether it was in the science labs, the gym or in any given classroom. There was an extremely positive and exuberant spirit being passed around the building like never before. Many families got the opportunity to tour through the school and see the wonderful things that go on inside the doors of Cathedral Prep and how much it truly has to offer.
With teachers looking their finest, floors looking their cleanest and classrooms looking their tidiest, it was off to a great start. Every teacher represented their own classroom/subject and explained to the families the details of each course and what their ultimate goal was. This ranged anywhere from the social studies department to theology to math to science and so on and so forth. It was an exciting day for all involved.
Additionally, the gymnasium was open to anyone who is interested in any sports. Baseball, basketball, football, soccer and much more were on display last Sunday. On top of that, the library was full of all the different clubs Prep has to offer. English instructor Ms. Lion said “There were many great questions about extra curricular activities and how they connect to academics.”
Cathedral Prep showed off everything they had to offer from academics to clubs to sports at their 2016 open house.
Many families were thoroughly impressed with our school and all we have to offer. Prep junior Alec Thomas shared some of his thoughts about the open house. “It’s always an exciting and fun experience to see the future Prep families touring through the school and being able to have a part in their decision means a lot.”
A large percentage of the Prep student body volunteered to help out to ensure the Prep community stays strong and intact for the following years. In many cases, open house is a deciding factor for undecided students. Many believe that this year’s open house definitely turned some heads and opened the door for the future of Cathedral Prep.