2016

2015

2014

Fortnite Mobile Review

Fortnite Mobile Review

Fortnite has grown to be one of the most played games all across the world. The game could be played on PS4, Xbox 1, and PC. With the game’s success they decided to develop a mobile version of the game so that people could play on the go. Instead of just launching straight to the App Store the game had a sign up event, and you had to be emailed a code by Epic Games. Once you get the code it allowed you to to start playing the game on your mobile device and gave you a few extra codes to give away to your friends.
The game could be seen as difficult on the mobile platforms because of the lack of a controller. Epic Games is still Improving the game, though, because this is is only the mobile. It is said that they will have eventually make it so you can connect your controller to your mobile device through Bluetooth. Even with this difficulty people still continue to play their beloved Fortnite. Epic Games really did a great job on this because the mobile game is exactly the same as it is on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.
Albert Caldwell, junior at Cathedral Prep, was one of the people fortunate enough to receive a code to play. He has always been an enthusiastic Fortnite player on his Xbox 1. He claimed, “I like mobile because I can just whip out my phone anywhere I’m at.” Albert also stated, “It’s a lot more of convenience since you always have your phone on you.” After a few games Albert had stated that he picked up on the controls and eventually ended up getting a win. “It felt as if I had won the lottery” when asked on how it felt to get a win on his iPhone.