2016

2015

2014

Malfunction causes deadly plane crash

Lion Air flight 610 disappeared Monday morning carrying 189 people, including three children, 13 minutes after takeoff. A total of 49 bodybags have been collected by authorities and sent for identification, Indonesian rescue authorities said Wednesday.
A new Boeing 737 MAX 8, the plane left Jakarta for what was supposed to be a one-hour flight to Pangkal Pinang on the island of Bangka. The cause of the crash was due to an error with the aircraft’s sensor input in the system that may have caused problems for the Lion Air flight, which took off from Jakarta.
Lion Air said, “the sensors could cause the flight crew to have difficulty controlling the airplane,” leading to “possible impact with terrain.” 
At takeoff, the plane’s altitude fluctuated dramatically, and the plane increased in speed before nose-diving into the Java Sea 13 minutes later. When a plane goes into a dive, passenger’s bodies and the plane will eventually be falling at the same rate and it will appear that they are weightless within the plane. The impact would be enough to slice and shred internal organs, as the seatbelt only really holds one’s lower half and torso in place. This means that arms and legs will move freely, even at the moment of impact. When a plane dives down and hits the water, the luggage and seat could crush a passenger’s body.
Jordan Cavotto, a former ROTC cadet said, “It’s possible to survive a plane crash on the water depending on the angle of the plane…most likely if it’s on its belly.”
[contact-form][contact-field label=”Name” type=”name” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Email” type=”email” required=”true” /][contact-field label=”Website” type=”url” /][contact-field label=”Message” type=”textarea” /][/contact-form]
On Nov. 1 Indonesian divers found a “black box” believed to be the flight data recorder of the Lion Air jet that crashed on Oct. 29.