2016

2015

2014

Seniors prepare to move into house together, get ready for college

As seniors prepare to begin the fourth quarter and their final year at Prep comes to an end, many seniors are almost complete with picking a college and are starting to look forward to the end of the year as it approaches.

Starting June 1, four graduating members of The Rambler staff will be moving into a house together on Briggs Ave. near Mercyhurst University, along with one other friend, to begin their next chapter in life as they prepare to go to college.

The new and improved “Goat House” will be home to Rob, Jarrett, Keegan, Ryan, and Isaac. This property was last sold for $92,000 in 2008 and currently has an estimated value of $107,900. According to Erie public records, the property has approximately 1,300 square feet, 3 floors, 3 beds, 1 full and 1 half bath with a lot.

Due to only having three bedrooms, not everyone is going to have a bedroom, so Jarrett and Keegan are going to be splitting the large basement and adding two beds down there.

“It’s kind of scary leaving home and moving away, but I’ll be living with some of my best friends,” said Jarrett, “especially since I’ll be sharing a room with my best bud, Keegan. I’m not sweating it too much.”

Although they have to move in all their own furniture and TV, the current college students living there plan on leaving some of their belongings there, which may lessen the amount of work they have to do carrying furniture into the house. They have a very large fenced-in backyard with a small patio that has a table and grill. The driveway is a double driveway allowing them all to park their cars.

The future seems bright for the boys as they go to college. They are all good friends that get along well, so living together should not be an issue for them.