2016

2015

2014

Student Profile: Nick Leone

Nicholas Leone is a member of the senior class at Cathedral Prep and will be studying Biology at Gannon University after he graduates. Nick is an excellent student with many accolades to prove it. He is a member of the National Honors Society and the Gannon Scholar Program and is always furthering his academic success.

Aside from education, Nick has a handful of hobbies that he likes to partake in during his free time. Nick loves to hangout with his friends and family, cook some pretty interesting late night snacks, go to work at Bingo, listen to music, play Xbox, and volunteer some of his time to the less fortunate as well.

Nick loves to spend some quality time with his family. Whether it’s watching a movie, playing a new board game, or talking about the Yankees’ chances for another World Series in the upcoming season, it’s all time well spent. He spends most of this time with his parents Mark and Michelle, his brother Mark, his Uncle Al and Aunt Mary, and many cousins and close family friends. Nick’s house is always the spot for family gatherings and events like New Year’s Eve parties so you can always expect to see some pizza and family spending time together. Nick spends at least one to two days a week hanging out with his friends as well. “I like to hangout with my friends because we can all just relax and have fun when we’re together,” Nick said. This can consist of going out to the mall, staying home and playing Xbox, grabbing some food together, or all of the above. Seeing his friends is something that is very important to Nick and a definite part of his regular routine.

When his friends stay the night at his house, Chef Nick makes an appearance every so often. He makes all sorts of foods with his friends at all different levels of difficulty. Some nights it’s Ramen Noodles, some nights it’s a fully prepared dish of pierogies, and others it’s chocolate chip pancakes. You never know what to expect, but you can always count on it to hit the spot.

Nick also has a part time job working bingo at Erepa Grotto. He works every Wednesday paying out bingos, selling various tickets, horse drawings, etc. Nick is a well-rounded individual and he feels that work helps add to his educational and family experiences.

Aside from school and working, Nick loves to listen to all sorts of music. Anything from Sinatra to NF, Dean Martin to Post Malone, even Bruno Mars and Ed Sheeran. He has an extremely diverse palette of music in his playlists, and this is something that is unexpected from Nick. He recently started purchasing vinyl records to play on his record player and experience his favorite music in a different way.

The last of Nick’s favorite things to do is play Xbox with his friends. Nick enjoys playing games like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, NBA 2K20, Rocket League, and Apex Legends. He plays online matches with his friends a handful of nights a week. With a 93 overall slashing guard in 2K and the highest level you can be on Call of Duty, Nick likes to get his game on.

Nick volunteers his time at Saint Vincent’s events, Saint Paul’s food pantry, and Blessed Sacrament parish where he is an alumni. “I think it’s good to get out and help people who are less fortunate than myself,” Nick said. Nick always keeps other people in mind and really exemplifies what it means to be a man of Prep.

Nick Leone, Class of 2020, is an interesting man. He takes time to see his friends and family and to help people who need it the most. He loves relaxing as well with things like music and video games. I would also like to mention that he is a huge New York Yankees fan and has an adorable dog named Macy. We wish Nick the best of luck in all of his future endeavors and cheers to many more family gatherings and Sheetz runs with his friends.