2016

2015

2014

Prep basketball defeats rival McDowell

The Cathedral Prep Ramblers took on the McDowell Trojans on Tuesday, Feb. 1. The game took place at the McDowell Trojans’ court and this was the second matchup between these two teams. The Ramblers won the first game, and the Trojans were looking to get their first win against the Ramblers this year. The Ramblers ended up securing their second win, 60-46 and stayed perfect in district games.

Many players on the Ramblers played well. Tavion Spencer led the way with 15 points, Amaree Pickens had 11, and Jake Sambuchino scored 10 points. But Reece Colvin provided a spark off the bench, which rally turned the game around for the Ramblers.

“It was an all around team win,” Reece said. “We came into this game with a great mentality. Even though we beat them in the first game, we knew it was still going to be a tough game since it’s the biggest rivalry in Erie.”

This was a big win for the Ramblers because they are now 2-0 against McDowell, and they are also on a seven-game win streak.

“I really think we have found a groove as a team over this past month,” junior Jake Sambuchino said. “We have had good results because we play as a team and support each other.”

The Ramblers basketball team is now 2-0 this year against McDowell, and they look to make that 3-0 when they play them one last time this year. The defending state champs are looking like a complete team right now, shooting for another state title win.