2016

2015

2014

Erie Fighting Game Community hosts tournament

Competitive fighting games are an important part of my life, and it brings me great pride to be reporting on the Erie Fighting Game Community. On Saturday, March 5, I went down to the Millcreek Mall to compete in a free tournament for a multitude of games, including Street Fighter V, Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Injustice Gods Among Us.
Almost 40 people turned out to compete for some great prizes, but most importantly the Erie FGC (Fighting Game Community) was in full show and served to advertise a much bigger tournament for the 12th, the third annual Lakeshore Beatdown. This tournament is the largest video game tournament in the Erie area and attracts gamers from all over.
Last year, Lakeshore Beatdown 2 brought almost 200 people together to compete. Not only was it incredibly successfully attended, but it was also streamed online and commentated on by shout-casters. This year is projected to have even more people in attendance, and it will also be streamed online, the big prize is for Street Fighter V with an impressive prize pool of $200. There will be many other games, including Guilty Gear Xrd Sign, Mortal Kombat XL, Project M, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
I will be in attendance for the first time this year, and I can’t wait to compete. I am going to be competing in Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Project M. Please turn out if you’re interested, registration starts at noon on March 12th at Game Corps in Harborcreek. The venue fee is $8 registration for individual games is $5 a piece, friendly games are free. Please come and check it out!