2016

2015

2014

Breaking down the breakup of Cardi B and Offset

On Dec. 4, Cardi B officially told the world that she and Offset were breaking up after just one year of marriage, via Instagram.
“It’s nobody’s fault, I guess we just grew out of love. But we’re not together anymore,” Cardi B said in a makeshift press conference on an Instagram Live video.
Offset replied to the video with “Y’all won.” It’s not sure who he was talking to or perhaps it was just a shot at the public in general. He believes that the media and public ruined his relationship with his wife.
Embed from Getty Images
Cardi says she will always love Offset because he is the father of her daughter, Kulture.
“I’ve been trying to work things out with my baby father for a hot minute now … Things just haven’t been working out between us for a long time. I don’t know. It might take time to get a divorce and I’m always going to have a lot of love for him because he’s my daughter’s father,” Cardi said again.
Offset and Cardi B are just “broken up” for now and they are not speeding towards a real, serious divorce at the moment. Offset wants to spend Christmas with his wife and daughter, especially because it’s Kulture’s first holiday season. Cardi B has said she is not sure of she will allow Offset to come back for the holidays.
Perhaps with their daughter in mind and the holidays coming up, could we see a potential and temporary, or possibly permanent, make up between the two rappers?