2016

2015

2014

Antonio Brown cut from Buccaneers

A lot was happening in the Tampa Bay Buccaneers game against the New York Jets last Sunday. Not only was it a good game, but fans also saw something that’s never been seen. Towards the end of the 3rd quarter, Bucs wide receiver Antonio Brown took off his pads and shirt and then jogged off the field toward the locker room as he threw up peace signs to the crowd. 

This was such a bizarre event that surprised everyone watching.

“I was watching the game, and when it happened I was absolutely shocked,” senior Bryce Kalie said. “In all my time of watching football I never thought I’d see someone do this. I’d expect someone to be done with a team or something and want to leave, but to see him strip off his pads and clothes was something else.”

“I didn’t watch the game when it happened but I saw the clip on the news,” senior Jacob Cooper said. “When I saw it my initial reaction was to see if he’s on the team still after something like that.”

In the press conference after the game, the head coach of the Buccaneers, Bruce Arians, said, “He is no longer a Buc.”

Antonio Brown has had lots of struggles throughout his career, which might be why he got to this breaking point. He was released from the Steelers due to assault charges he was facing and he took a big hit in a playoff game versus the Bengals.

“Ever since that huge hit he took in that playoff game against the Bengals, he hasn’t been the same” Bryce said. 

Another event that happened was when Antonio Brown was on the Raiders. While he was doing Cryotherapy treatment he got bad frostbite on his feet, which caused him not to play. After this happened he didn’t have good communication with the Raiders, which led to him being dropped from the team.

“When I followed this situation, I knew that his attitude would be the reason he’d be cut,” Jacob said. 

There are lots of speculations of why he decided to do it. Most people say he didn’t want to go in but the coach kept insisting that he had to.

“I heard that Antonio Brown said his ankle hurt, but the coach kept telling him to go in,” Bryce said.

On the news, some people speculated this may be the end of his career, but others say he may have a chance to come back. “In my opinion I think that this is the end for Antonio Brown,” Jacob said. 

Fans of Antonio Brown were hopeful when they saw he was back in the league when he signed with the Buccaneers, but this crushed them.

“I never really liked Antonio Brown, but I feel bad for the man cause he might have some mental issues that make him like this and make him do the things he’s done to possibly end his NFL career.”