2016

2015

2014

Local Bands’ Visions Post-COVID-19

Local bands had the opportunity to perform post-COVID-19 last weekend. Fog Giant, for example, got to play their first show since the pandemic occurred.

On Saturday, Feb. 19 at 7 p.m., Lavery Brewing Company hosted a show where the quartet, Fog Giant, could play alongside other local bands including LUCiD, who opened for Fog Giant as well as LADDERS, an alternative punk band from Erie, Pa.

“These self released bands play some loud grooves, heavy on the fuzz,” stated an audience member from Saturday at the Lavery. 

Fog Giant is a doom band from Erie, established in 2018. The band consists of Andrew Vickery on vocals and guitar, Steve Anthony on the guitar, Matty Barthelmes on the bass, and Zack Hudock on the drums.

LADDERS consisted of members Rob Seaman on vocals and guitar, Jon Molnar on guitar, Nick Warren on bass, and Todd Cline on the drums.

LUCid is an alternative, psychedelic rock band that does not just perform covers but a unique set list that changes the game for Erie. The band has said to been inspired by bands such as Evanescence, System of a Down, and Deftones and is known to play the songs of the bands from which they are influenced.

Fog Giant’s most recent music video, “Riff Wizzard,” was inspired by their desire to break the mold and present some interesting visuals to accompany their music, explained the Erie locals. In the breakdowns of Fog Giant’s EP, “Sesspool”, for example, the audience seemed to be enchanted by the rich and gloomy riffs that created an audible paradise for those that love loud music.

As the members of Fog Giant would say, “Tune in and turn up”, referring to making your own presence known in the community of Pennsylvania Hardcore.