2016

2015

2014

WrestleMania 30 Preview

WrestleMania 30 Preview

WrestleMania is WWE’s “Showcase of Immortals,” and this year is absolutely no different with many matches full of impact sure to excite the fans live at the Mercedes Superdome in New Orleans and many others watching around the world. Let’s take a look at the upcoming matches that will take place this Sunday.
WWE Tag Team Title Fatal Four Way: The Usos (c) vs. The Real Americans vs. Los Matadores vs. Rybaxel
This highly anticipated tag team contest features four of the most illustrious tag teams in the business right now. The absence of Cody Rhodes and Goldust here is kind of a head-scratcher but other than that this contest looks to be a very underrated match.
Prediction: The Usos retain via pinfall
Andre The Giant Memorial 30-Man Battle Royal
With superstars of all kinds packing this memorial event for the beast of a man, Andre the Giant, look for this contest to possibly steal the first hour of the show and build momentum for one of WWE’s hottest up-and-coming talents to make a push towards the main event scene.
Prediction: Alexander Rusev is the last man standing
The Shield vs. The New Age Outlaws/Kane
This match has been in the works and kind of oddly worked itself out for the past couple of weeks beginning at the Elimination Chamber pay per view. Although the Shield is a much better trio than their opponents, look for the implosion that has been teased for a couple months now to finally rear its ugly head at WrestleMania leading to a NAO/Kane victory.
Prediction: NAO/Kane win via pinfall
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt
This match has the potential to steal the entire show with both wrestlers really showing what they have in the weeks leading up to this match. John Cena’s never say die attitude and his “Never Give Up” mantra makes it hard to pick against the leader of the Cenation. But Bray Wyatt and his family of misfits are going to be too much to handle as Bray will make Cena follow the buzzards.
Prediction: Bray Wyatt win via pinfall
Women’s Championship Diva Battle Royal
With the odds completely stacked against reigning champion and longest champion in Diva’s history AJ Lee, I feel like it is inevitable and a bit of horrible booking if she somehow retains against 14 other divas in the ring, especially with a one fall finish. Look for newcomer Naomi of the Funkadactyls to pick up her very first Divas championship.
Prediction: Naomi wins via pinfall
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
The stipulation of this match is that the winner goes on to compete in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match later in the night. Undoubtedly the most talked about WWE superstar of 2013 and 2014, Daniel Bryan seeks revenge against the person who in his own words has “dumped the world” on him, Triple H. This rivalry started at SummerSlam, when directly after Daniel Bryan picked up his very first WWE championship, Randy Orton cashed in his “Money in the Bank” contract. When Bryan turned around, HHH pedigreed him, costing him the championship. After many ups and downs in this relationship, look for the leader of the “YES!” Movement to prevail on the grandest stage of them all.
Prediction: Daniel Bryan wins via pinfall
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
The buildup for this match is not what we have come to know when it comes to the Deadman and his victims. This year’s outcome could be different, however, with the Beast Incarnate on the other side of the ring from The Undertaker. That being said, look for “The Streak” to continue as Taker improves to 22-0 at WrestleMania.
Prediction:  Undertaker wins via pinfall
WWE World Heavyweight Championship Triple-Threat Match: Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan/Triple H
When Batista won the 2014 Royal Rumble, he punched his ticket to WrestleMania to take on the reigning champion, Randy Orton. When the match lacked the star power of a WrestleMania main event, the WWE creative team knew they had to do something. The winner of the HHH vs. Bryan match will be added into the match here, and since I picked Bryan to win that match, I’m picking Batista to win this match.
Prediction: New WWE World Heavyweight Champion Batista wins via pinfall
WrestleMania 30 begins at 7 p.m. on Sunday, April 6, and can be viewed on pay per view or, for the first time ever, on the WWE Network.