2016

2015

2014

Teacher Profile: Mr. Jon Pintea

Mr. Jon Pintea is one of the newest additions to the staff, but he is already making strides to be an exemplary mentor for his students.

Mr. Pintea may not be a Prep alumni, having gone to Northwestern High School and then graduating from the University of Edinboro, but he is shaping up to be a Rambler. He seized the opportunity to work at Prep to have a chance to teach students who have a passion for learning, and he believes it is an environment where a long-term career is viable.

“I came here to work with a class of students who have a drive and determination to improve their lives,” Mr. P said. “All of my students know and have the ability to succeed.”

Mr. Pintea has taught for five years, working full-time and as a substitute. He has experience teaching English, social studies, American History, and due to an empty position, a year of cosmetology. Currently at Prep he teaches Debate, World History 2, AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics, and AP US Government Politics. He also works part-time as a clinical care aid at Sarah Reed.

With a mix of lighthearted banter and a knowledgeable understanding of history, politics, and economics, Mr. Pintea has started to make an impression on his students.

“Mr. P encapsulates the Prep spirit of support for our athletics mixed with the passion for learning and the subjects he teaches,” said senior Mike Miceli.

Many students point to Mr. Pintea being a source of encouragement and support.

“He’s a great motivator to stay consistent in my work,” said Junior Robert Socash, “and he’s a very efficient teacher.”

Mr. Pintea can be best described as a healthy representation of fun and work. He enjoys reading, keeping up with politics, sailing, fishing, skiing, and violin. When the weather starts to warm up, he plans to go fishing and golfing with his dad. Mr. Pintea lives with his wife and his dog, Mabel. Mr. and Mrs. Pintea have been married for five years.

Just recently, Mr. Pintea accepted the invitation to coach the boys’ varsity volleyball team. He is excited for the opportunity to learn and to teach ambitious young men.

All around, Mr. Pintea represents all that Prep stands for, promoting faith, academics, and athletics. He sets an example for students and staff alike to follow.

“Mr. P creates an environment where you can both thrive and relax throughout the busy day,” said Senior Dominic Bellotti.