2016

2015

2014

Rambler hockey to play Bishop Canevin tonight

The Cathedral Prep hockey team is prepared for their game tonight against Bishop Canevin in the semifinals of the Pens Cup at the Robert Morris University Island Sports Center. The winner of Monday night’s matchup will advance onto the Pens Cup Finals at the Consol Energy Center, facing the winner of the Shaler vs. Armstrong game. The winner of the Pens Cup moves onto the Pennsylvania State High School Hockey Finals in State College.
The Ramblers ended this regular season with a record of 17-2. Prep’s three top scoring players on the team scored upwards of 50 points each. Ben Eliason scored 69 points, Trevor Faulkner scored 52 points, and Richard Vicary scored 51 points. Despite many tough games, Cathedral Prep ended the regular season leading not only their Western Conference but also the PIHL Varisty AA Hockey League. Senior Trevor Faulkner said, “It was a good season. We played tough and won the league, but now we are on to the season that really matters.”
The Rambler hockey team started the 2014-2015 playoffs with a bye, advancing them directly to the second round. Cathedral Prep’s first game in the playoffs ended swimmingly, with the Ramblers knocking off Greater Latrobe, 4-1. Tonight they take on Bishop Canevin. In anticipation of the game, senior Jack Kelly said, “Well, obviously we’ve been practicing hard lately, and last year Bishop Canevin was the team that knocked us off in the Penguins Cup Championship game, so this is a personal game. We’ve beaten them twice this seasons, so we’re looking to come out, and smack them around again.”