2016

2015

2014

Movie Review: Room (*Spoilers Included*)

Room is a 2015 movie that can hold a basis for many reality structures. This is a dramatic/terrorizing movie. I was creeped out and scared even though I was not in the movie.
This movie starts out with a woman and her son in a room. They have multiple things a house would have. It is filthy in the room. It is a small room. The audience has no clue of the story behind the room until halfway into the movie. The story behind it is that the woman has been abducted and locked inside the room for 7 years of her live and has a child with the abductor. The room they are in is a shed, and the only sunlight comes through the roof window. The woman has tried to hurt the abductor every time he comes in, but he just takes it out on them. He cuts the power off, which is hard because it is fall and there is no warmth in the shed.
How do they get out, you may ask? The woman comes up with a great plan of wrapping the child up in a carpet and teaching her how to roll out. So when the abductor comes in the child is suppose to be dead wrapped up in the carpet. However, he does not know it is a diversion. The abductor then takes the child out (still wrapped in a carpet) and puts him in the back of his truck. The mom taught the kid that when the truck starts to slow to a stop, to roll out of the carpet and jump out of the truck. The kid does so and a bystander is right there when the kid tries to run away.
The abductor then leaves the son and just takes off to keep his identity hidden. He is not seen the rest of the movie. The police come in during the next five minutes, and the son tells the police how many stop signs there were before he jumped out and that the room only has one roof window. The police take it from there and rescue the woman that was abducted at first. It is one of those crushing moments in the movie where a girl that has been missing since high school has been found 7 years later. The movie ends with learning how to be normal again and teaching the young boy many things he has not seen before.
This is a touching movie that you can look back on and just think how disturbing this experience would be. It reminds me of the Cleveland in incident when Ariel Castro abducted three girls. You have to have lots of patience to watch this movie. I would not recommend for any teens or younger children to watch this movie.