2016

2015

2014

Prep-Villa theater set to present Grease

In 1972, Grease debuted on Broadway. In 1978, the movie version of Grease, starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John, came out. On January 31 of 2016, Grease Live aired on Fox. From May 19-22, 2016, Prep and Villa will put on Grease in Prep’s H. David Bowes Auditorium.
Arguably the most popular musical of all time, Grease attracted many students to audition. With almost 100 students in the cast, plus a large group behind the scenes, this truly is a record setting show for Prep and Villa. Hopefully the large cast is a sign of large audiences.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_dD2odI5Qo
The commercial above was created by senior Jason Pundt and posters have been posted around town to reel in the Erie population.
The show is centered around the high school love of Danny Zuko and Sandy Dumbrowski, played by Brian Buseck and Kristina Tishchenko. What starts as a fun summer fling gets a little bit more complicated once school starts due to the peer pressure of their friends. Other relationships spring up among the supporting members of the T-Birds and Pink Ladies throughout the show, chronicling the love life of each member of this group of friends. T-Birds Kenickie, Roger, Sonny, and Doody are played by James Jackson, Seamus Clerkin, Thomas Hoffman, and Ryan Bogniak. Pink Ladies Rizzo, Marty, Frenchy, and Jan are played by Brooke Schneider, Rachel Lyons, Madeleine Nawrocki, and Petra Shearer.
The songs of Grease are written in the style of rock ‘n roll of the late 50s. “Doo-wops” and “Wha-wha-wha’s” are prevalent. Popular songs from the show include “Summer Nights,” “Greased Lightning,” “Look At Me I’m Sandra Dee,” “Beauty School Drop Out,” “Hopelessly Devoted To You,” and “You’re The One That I Want.” The musical is so iconic that the songs from it stand as classics on their own. Audience members will be able to sing along to the popular tunes if they wish.
Showtimes are Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m.