2016

2015

2014

Hockey team honors Jack Schoenig, wins against Bethel Park

The Cathedral Prep hockey team honored fallen teammate Jack Schoenig Tuesday night at Mercyhurst Ice Center by gathering around his jersey before the game and remembering him. Great words were spoken by Bill Kelly about what a wonderful son, friend, brother, teammate, and person Jack really was.

The ceremony moved on to the retiring of the number 11 for Prep hockey. Nobody will wear this number again, and every time we see the number 11 on a Prep hockey jersey, we remember the great impact that Jack has made on all of our lives.

The first 11 seconds of the game were played with 4 men on the ice, leaving Jack’s spot open out of respect for him. The game actually started after this 11-second period of reverence.

The first period went scoreless as both teams played very well all around. The first goal came in the second period from Bethel Park. In return, Joe Agresti of the Ramblers scored a goal a couple minutes later in the period. The score remained 1-1 until into the last 5 minutes of the game when Agresti scored his second goal that would end up winning the game for Prep.

“It feels great to get that win, especially with the surrounding circumstances,” said senior player Jake Kruszewski. That’s a game that we will all remember for the rest of our lives.” He went on to say, “It was a hard fought win versus a great team, and on behalf of the hockey team I’d like to thank the students for the support. It really helped us get that win.”

This game was in honor of Jack and it was amazing to see the Ramblers win.