2016

2015

2014

Prep lacrosse has strong showing in Canada

On Monday, May 9, the Cathedral Prep varsity lacrosse team gathered at the Prep Villa Events Center to leave for Georgetown, Ontario. Athletic Director Bill Flanagan and President Father Scott Jabo were present to discuss the logistics of the trip and to offer a prayer before the team’s departure.
While in Canada on Tuesday, May 10, the Cathedral Prep Ramblers were the first and only team to represent the United States of America in the 2nd Annual All Catholic Lacrosse Tourney. In their first game the team won their matchup against Assumption Lacrosse 13-0. In the dominant showing senior attackman, Noah Vroman, led the team with a game high 7 points.
The Ramblers then went on to lose against Dennis Morris 7-5. The game against Dennis Morris was hard fought, but unfortunately the Ramblers struggled to overcome a 5-1 run by Dennis Morris in the second half. Senior midfielder and captain, Blaise Konzel led with 3 goals. After the difficult loss, the Ramblers regrouped and went on to win two more games against Saints Lacrosse 10-5 and Reding Lacrosse 9-6. Senior defensive midfielder and rookie player Connor Robbins pitched in two goals in the Saints matchup, while sophomore attackman, Jake “Brudder” Emerson had 3 goals in the Reding match.
The Ramblers returned to PVEC at 10 p.m. on Tuesday night. The tournament was a great experience for the Cathedral Prep Lacrosse organization. Several of the younger dual roster and JV players that traveled with the team gained valuable experience that will help in the future. The team and coaching staff looks forward to continue going to Canada in future years.