2016

2015

2014

Eight Ramblers commit to their schools at Cathedral Prep’s Signing Day

This past Thursday was a day to celebrate for the Cathedral Prep athletics family, as eight Ramblers signed their National letters of intent to play college sports for the next four years.

It was a big day for Rambler baseball, as four players signed their letters. Jake Slater (Allegheny College), Maddox Stadler (Pitt-Bradford), Jacob Engel (Gannon), and Patrick Sullivan (Mercyhurst) finalized their college decisions last week with coaches, family, and lots of teammates there to support them.

Pat says that his connection with Mercyhurst is what led him to committing to play for the Lakers.

“I’ve known [the coaches] and been with the program for such a long time [and] there’s a lot of great guys that I know in the class ahead of me and future classes,” he said. “I’m just really excited to go to a great program with a great history.”

Jake Slater knows that Allegheny will push him to be the best athletically.

“I just know the brotherhood there is just the same as it is at Prep,” Jacob said. “It’s a good group of guys [there]. I know the day I committed, they were all texting me. They were like, ‘Hey man, congrats! We’re really looking forward to [playing with] you.’ So I just know the experience is going to transfer over and start right away.”

Three football players made their decisions as well, including Amarion Tarver (Cal U of Pennsylvania), Jacob Pollock (Gannon), and Caden Pustelak (Mercyhurst).

Jake knew that his decision to play football at Gannon wasn’t easy. He said, “It was real hard because I had a bunch of [other] schools looking at me. They all had good football programs and academic programs, but I picked Gannon because I think they have the best future for me.”

Caden believes that he can gain a lot of Mercyhurst’s athletics program. He said, “I think I’m going to learn really good about how to work with a team and I can’t wait for the family aspect of it, like I did at Prep.”

Senior lacrosse player Eric Hindman (Mercyhurst) was the last of the eight student-athletes and is grateful for those who’ve supported him on his journey.

“[One person that helped me get here] is definitely my brother,” he said, “who was kind of my inspiration growing up. I wanted to be just like him. I got to see him play college lacrosse and I wanted to do the same.”