Senior Retreat at the Peak

Matt Kalie, Staff Writer

On Monday, May 22, the senior class had their end-of-the-year senior retreat at Peek n’ Peak. Every year each senior class looks forward to this day. Yes, it is a retreat, so Mass and confessions will be in place as a usual retreat at Prep, but this is also a more fun and engaging retreat than all of the other retreats the students have participated in the past four years. The school pays for each student’s time at the Peak. These fees the school pays includes the ropes course and mini putt-putt golf along with catered food from the Peak.

The day started with everyone in the parking lot by 8:30 a.m. and separating into their groups they chose a few days before. Multiple groups were allowed to go the ropes course, and others played mini golf. The Peak also had cornhole boards set up, and that was a pretty big hit with the students (especially the boys) to be competitive and play against each other. Other groups went to confession with Father Jason while others ate lunch. One of the funniest times was spent talking to Theology teacher Mr. Bell. Mr. Bell had a few questions about the students’ time at Cathedral Prep, such as, “what was your favorite moment of senior year?” and “what’s your favorite all-time class?” As all things end at Prep, the class had a Mass held at the pavilion with Father Jason.

The day was beautifully planned out by our teachers and administrators. It was a fun day and a great way to start off the seniors’ last week of high school.

“My favorite part was the ropes course, but the whole day was fun,” senior Frank Riley said. “We shared some great memories with Mr. Bell and got really competitive on the cornhole boards. I couldn’t think of a better way to start off the last week with all of us together and having some more good memories to add to the book.”