2016

2015

2014

Nick’s Netflix Pick of the Week: The Office

Any scene featuring Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute is good for a laugh.

Over the past few years Netflix has become increasingly more popular. Netflix, a streaming service, provides subscribers with a wide variety of television shows and movies at a monthly cost starting as low as $7.99/month. With Netflix having such a wide variety of options to choose from, and new material being uploaded regularly, it is hard to pick what to watch.
In this series, my goal is to enlighten you with my expertise in helping you choose a good television show or movie. Netflix has so many television shows available to watch at the click of a button. In this weekly feature I will suggest  some of the finest shows and movies available on Netflix. A favorite of mine and perhaps one of the greatest sitcoms ever to be produced is The Office, which is why I’m making it my first Netflix Pick of the Week.
The American version of The Office was adapted from the original show that was first created in Great Britain. The Office is a mockumentary about Dunder Mifflin, a fictional paper company based in Scranton, Pa. The Office is most famous for its clueless boss, Michael Scott (Steve Carrell). Michael Scott is the regional manager of Dunder Mifflin. He is supported by a witty and comical cast of coworkers.
The show follows the lives and work days of the employees of Dunder Mifflin. It shows the funny sides of working a desk job, making viewers wish their work environment had its own Michael Scott or Dwight Schrute (Rainn Wilson). The show features the comical mishaps and mistakes of the working environment. I strongly believe The Office is one of the greatest comedies ever to air on television.
The show lasted for nine seasons and 201 episodes. It is a good show with 20-minute episodes, which are perfect for watching right before bed or even when taking a break from your work. This is the perfect show for when you need a good laugh. After watching a couple of episodes you will realize why this was my first Netflix Pick of the Week.

View Comments (1)