2016

2015

2014

Don’t Miss It; Les Miś comes to Prep and Villa

The Prep-Villa theater program has been turning heads for quite some time now. But perhaps the most challenging part may still lie ahead. From April 26-29, Les Miśerables will be performed in the H. David Bowes auditorium. This is recognized by many to be the best theatrical show ever. It is definitely one of the most notable, hands down. This is a tall task, but the program seems more than ready to live up to the daring expectations that will be anticipated.
Father Mike DeMartinis is a risk taker. “I prefer doing bigger, more exciting shows that will never bore the audience and always keep them intrigued. Much more work goes into them, but it’s always worth it.”
Senior Dominic Montefiori also admires the choice saying, “Les Misérables is a show that everyone has come to love and cherish, and I’m so excited to be performing it my senior year.” It’s not just those within the musical theatre bubble who are excited, as multiple teachers, students, and alumni have voiced their excitement for the upcoming production. “I’ve come to really appreciate and enjoy Prep and Villa’s shows. Everyone is so talented, and it adds another dimension to the experience of being a part of these schools.”
Set design and building has been in the works for over a month already, and costumes are beginning to get sorted out. It’s safe to say a ton of work is going on behind the scenes for this show. Les Miś will be starring Elijah Lyons as Jean Valjean, Alex Welz as Javert, Mary McGovern as Cosette, Brian Lee as Marius, Brooke Kimet as Éponine, Lexi Jenks as Fantine, Race Nicolia as Thénardier, and Laura Fehr as Madame Thénardier.
Les Miś will be closing out another great theatrical year for Prep and Villa and is one that you cannot miss!