2016

2015

2014

Staff Profile: Maeve McCormick

Maeve McCormic, director of public relations for The Rambler, is a senior at Villa and came here with the influence of her family. Maeve’s grandfather attended Cathedral Prep while her Aunts and cousins all attended Villa. What brought her in was the sisterhood of Villa. She always loved the idea of being with all girls, and that really influenced her decision on coming to Villa. Through her years at Villa, she’s made great friends and made long-lasting relationships that she is very thankful for. 

Villa shaped Maeve in many different ways, including helping her to become more independent.

“I feel ready to go off to college,” Maeve said. “Comparing my freshman year to my senior [year], I would say there was clear maturity and growth.”

Through the years at Villa she has seen herself grow personally and spiritually. 

I asked Maeve where she can see herself four to five years down the line and here’s what she had to say.

“I think in four years I will finally have studied the major I find is the best for me,” she said. “I plan to go to college. [I am] unsure where yet, but hopefully one of my top choices. I want to leave Erie and travel somewhere else, somewhere new.”

She also mentioned that she thinks it is an important time to figure out what she’s interested in. She added that she doesn’t want to stay in the same place. This is mainly because she won’t be able to find other things that she’s interested in, and staying in the same place wouldn’t help in any self-discovery.