2016

2015

2014

Legacy Gala 2022

Legacy Gala is a night to welcome guests but especially alumni. It took place at the Bayfront Convention Center on Saturday, March 19. They also sold out of tickets for the gala and had multiple speakers as well as Hall of Fame inductees, including Fr. Scott Jabo and some of the Sisters of Saint Joseph. The celebration for 130 years of Villa and 100 years of Prep and the night brought in a ton of donations. Many students volunteered as well, and two of them commented on their experience there. 

Dayonna Swanson and Abby Consiglio were volunteers from Villa at the Legacy Gala. Dayonna went on to explain what they did as volunteers and what happened during the night. 

“Our duties as volunteers consisted of greeting guests, managing the coat check, helping find assigned seats, and working the raffle tables,” she said. “In addition to these, Villa seniors Grace Teed, Paula Kirik, and Delaney Nystrom delivered awards to Mr. Strasser (Villa) and Coach Mischler in honor of their retirements and as a way to thank them for their years spent at both Prep and Villa.”

She also explained what the Legacy Gala is in her opinion. 

“Aside from the black-tie attire and fine dining food, the true Legacy Gala consists of a lot of socialization between alumni, bidding and donations towards the school, dancing, and fun,” Dayonna explained. “One key part of the evening was what we call ‘Tuition Angels,’ where alumni would choose how many $500 scholarships they would like to donate towards the school for the following school year. All in all, the Legacy Gala consisted of many different people who have solely gotten together for the common purpose of not only the students, but the betterment of the school as a whole.”

Abby Consiglio went on to explain her experience, what she did, and even some new people that she met. 

“At the Legacy Gala I did a multitude of things which included: greeting guests, hung up guests coats, and helped guests find their tables,” she said. “I did meet a few new people at the Legacy Gala. A few of these people were Villa and Prep alumni and business owners. I found the business owners interesting to talk to because I plan to open a business in the future. The Legacy Gala consisted of mingling with others, bidding on different items, listening to various speakers, and eating various dishes.”