2016

2015

2014

Sports Day 2022

This past Friday students at Villa and Prep had the pleasure to participate in Sports Day at the Events Center. This was the first time that both Prep and Villa students participated together and against each other. Kids had fun playing football, frisbee, spike ball, dodgeball, volleyball, and much more. Many memories were made on Friday that some will remember forever. 

Sports Day brings out the best in students and shows a new competitive spirit that you might not expect to see. 

The day started at about 8:50 where all students packed into the gymnasium and participated in Mass. This was a great way for students, faculty and staff to be connected through Christ. Senior Armani Moore shared his thoughts on the way sports day started.

“I think it’s just how Prep should start everything,” he said. “It’s basically tradition. On our retreat we started with Mass, on Outreach Day we had Mass, so I think it made sense to start Sports Day off with Mass.”

After the conclusion of Mass students received their class shirts and broke off into different groups. Some kids stayed around their classmates while others mixed in with students from different classes. Students participated in their morning events and then ate lunch. Lunch consisted of a hot dog and a hamburger for every kid. 

After about 11:30 students got back to it competing against each other in different competitions. Senior Jerijah Pruzenski mentioned how different it was this year compared to last year’s Sports Day.

“This year was different first off because of Villa and Prep being together, but also it was much more organized,” he said. “Kids that signed up for stuff got to compete in those events while in years past it wasn’t always like that.”

After students ran around and had fun they all met back up in the bleachers to see which class won the competition. Coming in first place this year was the Junior class, followed by the Sophomores, Seniors and Freshman. 

Overall students had a lot of fun this past sports day as they could use the Friday to play outside and be active rather than sitting inside leaning all day. This year was a glimpse of what Sports Day will be for years to come with the merge happening this fall. It’s always a great day when you can spend it with the people you enjoy most and Sports Day provided just that.