2016

2015

2014

Staff Profile: Aubrey Hoetzel

Prep junior Aubrey Hoetzel fell in love with music in her early years of life. Her love for music started when she was a baby. Her mom would sing to her and she would instantly stop crying. This made music open to Aubrey at a very young age, which allowed her to grow in the music field. The person who is most influential to Aubrey for music is her mother.

“She would always be playing it and singing it around me,” Aubrey said.

Singing seems to come naturally to Aubrey, but it did take her long hours to perfect the way she sounds. Aubrey hadn’t planned on taking music as a career path.

“I get really nervous to sing out in front of people,” she said. But she says that maybe one day she will take music as a career path because it’s a talent she won’t lose. Singing became Aubrey’s passion because when life was dark, music brought her so much peace into her life. Aubrey went on to say that she doesn’t plan on going to music school in her future.

“I’m not sure what my future will hold with my love for music, but I sure hope it does not surprise me,” Aubrey said.

Music speaks to Aubrey’s soul, not only to her soul but for her soul.

“I’ve always have had problems with expressing the way I feel with just my own words. But with music it helps me express the way I feel with rhythm and pitch.”

Aubrey’s most peaceful place to sing is in her bedroom when she is alone. Wherever Aubrey might be she knows that she can sing to herself quietly a little hymn and feel at peace. Aubrey often finds herself drifting off to music.

“I take as much time as I want out of my day to spend simply by singing to myself,” she said. “It’s like my own therapy.”

Emotionally, Aubrey feels happy and at peace when hearing music, although sometimes she will get sad if the music hurts her heart. Aubrey went on to say that she used to play piano and that her taste in music is a “wide span of all different types, but if I had to pick one, I’d say probably popular music.”