2016

2015

2014

Another year, another successful First Quarter Sessions

On Friday, Nov. 10, the outstanding academic achievements of Prep students were honored for the first time this school year. The whole student body gathered in the H. David Bowes Auditorium, and students were recognized for receiving first and second honors for the First Quarter. Over 50 percent of each class received an academic award, a total that greatly exceeded that of previous years.

In each class, select students with the highest QPA are awarded special recognition and a school pennant. These students are at the top of their class, and their classmates acknowledge their position as a goal they can strive for.

“I feel very happy and proud of myself for my accomplishments,” senior recipient Brady Palmer said. “I worked very hard and I am glad everything worked out, but I want my classmates to know they should work hard and never give up when classes get tough. They can achieve this goal, too.”

The event also features a special award given to the quarter’s “Men and Women of Prep” for students in each grade who teachers and administrators feel represent good character and leadership towards their classmates.

“I felt honored to receive this award,” senior recipient Joey Spano said. “It was very special for me to be chosen because the senior class is a remarkable group of students. I encourage them to always work their hardest and be appreciative of the people they meet at Prep, because they will take you far in life.”

After awards are given, students get the chance to hear from a past Prep or Villa alumni speaker who tells the students of their successes in life and lessons they learned in high school. This month, the student body heard from Chris Ehrman, Prep class of 1981. He spoke about his experience while at Prep, and emphasized the many ways in which Prep has an impact on his life today.

“Mr. Ehrman is a very passionate Prep alum,” Brady said. “His love of community and relationship with his classmates was inspiring to me and made me reflect on all of the amazing friends I have made at Prep.”

The event offered students a chance to feel proud of themselves, learn where they can work harder, and above all, appreciate the blessings God has surrounded them with at Prep.

“I feel so lucky to have so many great teachers, coaches, and friends here,” Joey said. “Like Mr. Ehrman said, the people we meet these four years at Prep will be friends we have for the rest of our lives.”